“5 Hot tips to staying cool at night”
Summer’s here and so are those long hot nights when it’s almost impossible to sleep. However, here’s a handful of hop tips, that’ll see you through the night and help you keep cool. But mentioned only 5 below.
I know that when you want to stay warm in the winter, that heating up a cast iron pan and rubbing it through the bedding was a way to make the bedding warmer, but…when we are speaking of heat, you can only take off so many clothing…lol
Number one…Ditch the duvet and place a bed sheet in a plastic bag. Stick the bag in a freezer for a couple of hours and relax. When it comes to bedtime head up the wooden hill with your nicely chilled sheets and look forward to a comfy night’s sleep.
2. DON’T draw back the curtains. Open the windows to get nice draft (if possible) but leave the curtains where they are. By keeping the sun out of the room in the daytime, it won’t retain the heat at night.
3. Create a chilled air fan. Cut the top off a 5 liter/gallon water container, fill it roughly three quarters full and freeze the container. Finally place behind an electric fan (keep it away from electrics) and you’ll fell the “chilled air” effects straight away.
4. If you’ve got a synthetic pillow, swap it for a feather pillow with a cotton pillow case. Man-made synthetic pillows retain their own heat compared to natural down and cotton ones.
5. Think of “Snow!” it snow crazy, but the human mind has power of suggestion. So when nothing else works imagine yourself lying in pristine field of snow making snow angels.
My other blog;
1. Across this bridge
2. Marketing myself
3. Struggling parents
4. When life become a book
5. Read Between the Lines
6. Internet Lifestyle
7. The Sleeping Turtle Art Gallery
Subscribe in "Struggling Parents