Blogger Widgets Struggling Parents: Thankful Sunday

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Thankful Sunday

I have this day to be thankful for all of my family and friends. I have made a lot of friends that keep in touch with me and I am thankful.
I can detach and still love, still feel. I can learn to take care of my own business while allowing others to tend to theirs. Today I can detach without losing compassion.

Love your neighbor, yet pull not down your hedge
*George Herbert*

I think the word detachment is often misunderstood. For me, detachment is the freedom to own what is mine and allow others to own what is theirs.*
"Freedom allows me to keep my own identity and still love, care about, and identity with the feelings of others. In fact, I believe that the degree of our humanity can be measured by our ability to know another persons' pain and joy. I can identify without needing to remove their pain."

"I continue to learn how to care without taking everything so personally."

"Life holds so much---so much to be happy about always. but without sadness, we wouldn't know how great happiness is."
" Today I can accept life as it is."
" I can be grateful and happy, here and now, with what I have."

"Happiness can only be felt only if you don't set conditions."

"Without disaster, we wouldn't appreciate clamminess."
"Today is a Godly day, just as everyday. Today is Sunday, a fasting day to remember thanks for God forgiving us, for all of our sins."

OK...so I preached on Sunday, giving thanks to everyone...Thanks, because every once in awhile, we all should give thanks !!! "Enough said"
Check out the photo album, if it works; lol
All I could do is place the link to the picture show, because Blogspot would allow it. PLEASE..Click on the link to view it, it took me awhile to create it...thanks !!!
"Freeman Family slide show"

My other blog;

1. Across this bridge
2. Marketing myself
3. Struggling parents
4. When life become a book
5. Read Between the Lines
6. Internet Lifestyle
7. The Sleeping Turtle Art Gallery




Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in "Struggling Parents


No comments: