Blogger Widgets Struggling Parents: Cooking the wildness out of deer meat

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cooking the wildness out of deer meat

I've always wondered about how to get to wild taste out of deer meat and then someone told me the using garlic, stuffing it into the meat or cooking it in a crock pot will lighten up the wild taste. I tried it and it works. I listed a recipe below with pictures (probably the last pictures because I'm returning the camera back to my daughter.) So I experienced cooking the meat in several different ways

Ingredients are as follows;

2tbs. of vegetable oil with 1 pound of deer stew meat (cook in deep cast iron skillet for 3 hours)While it is cooking, continue to add the pictured ingredients "plus" ( to taste...Cajun, pepper, sea salt, garlic salt, oregano, whorshire sauce,)
Slice 1 clove of garlic and stick it into the cracks of the meat, any opening, stuff it with garlic
8 large sliced potatoes
8 large carrots diced
2 large onions

Place all ingredients into the crock pot with 1c of water, let crock pot cook it over night, and remember to add water occasionally, if it looks a little dry
Add potatoes & carrots the last few hrs. in crock pot



the ingredients are pictured below;





Completed, it looks a little like this;





My other blog;
1. Across this bridge
2. Marketing myself
3. Struggling parents
4. When life become a book
5. Read Between the Lines
6. Internet Lifestyle
7. The Sleeping Turtle Art Gallery




Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in "Struggling Parents


No comments: